The Nicholas Holcomb Family

The Nicholas Holcomb Family
Spring 2015

Friday, September 23, 2016

What I'm Searching and How I'm Doing It

Hello world!

My genealogy search started with me as an adoptee looking for my birth family. I wanted medical information at first, and as I found more and more information about my birth family, I started wanting to get to know them and their story as well. I've been fortunate in that one side welcomed me whole-heartedly and gave me a lot of photos and information and love. One family member sent a huge family tree on paper and another has one online that I'm getting info from as well. The other side took a little more warming up, but I have finally gotten some family history and photos from that side as well. I took a DNA test through Ancestry.com and that has provided some interesting information, too.

BUT...I was raised by a wonderful family...and I love those people and I know all their stories and I'm listed in their family trees, so I am also researching them and adding to their family tree histories and knowledge.

I am also looking into my husband's family genealogy. My mother-in-law set me down the path and other family members had already stated family trees that had a lot of information I needed.

So, you can find my combined family trees on Ancestry, Wikitree, and MyHeritage. I also have a profile at Gedmatch, but am not linking it for now because my gedcom file upload got very weird and I'd like to fix it before sending people that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment